Saturday, November 11, 2017

Training with the voice of a loved one can improve your ability to recognize her speech

Research has shown that training to recognize the speech of your loved ones can improve your ability to recognize their speech, using games that provide auditory brain training. At Washington University in St. Louis, patients who have hearing loss played computer games where they  were required to recognize words and sentences spoken by their spouse.  At the end of their clEAR auditory brain training program, they were able to recognize their spouse's speech more accurately, especially when there was background noise, as in a noisy restaurant. Moreover, the participants in the study noted that overall, their listening challenges were much easier to handle. 

It is possible to be proactive with hearing loss and to feel empowered over its consequences.
For more information, there is an easy-to-read summary of the study which can be found at this web address:

Summary of the study

For more information about how to ear train the brain, visit clEAR's website and...
If you want to ear train your brain with your loved one's speech go to:




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sharing. I have more knowledge because of the posts. Your pieces of advice help me so much. They are awesome and helpful. They tell me exactly what I want to know. I love to read your posts. I wait for them everyday. I'm very excited to enjoy new articles. Once again, thanks a lot. Have a good day!sales pop master apps shopify sales pop master

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I need a piece of advice, I will find your posts and read them. To me, they are very useful. I can make use of advice to resolve my problems. Sometimes, I read articles to learn new knowledge. I hope I will add more posts. Thank you so much.
    App Shipping Bar Master , shopify app free shipping bar , https://autoketing.com

    ReplyDelete

clEAR auditory brain training is now even more accessible to people with hearing loss!

Read about the new model in The Hearing Review!